Giving You More Than Other Ajijic Mexico Hotels
You are the number one priority at Casa del Sol Ajijic, mi casa es tu casa. Unlike traditional Ajijic Mexico hotels, here at Casa del Sol Inn you will be spoiled by boutique amenities and offerings. Our hope is that you feel comfortable and quite at home . Whether it’s from the familial warmth of our team or the way you effortlessly drift off to sleep in our luxurious beds, we keep your comfort in mind and aim to remind you of what genuine hospitality feels like. We want your experience in Ajijic to be a memorable one in every way!
- Airport Transportation
- Personal Driver
- Breakfast Daily
- Solar Heated Pool
- Wine Bar
- Baggage Elevator
- Double Filtration Water System
- Smoke-Free Environment
- Guest Shared Kitchen Area
- Hospitality Room with Refreshments
- Daily Housekeeping
- Friendly Bilingual Staff
- Organic Bath Essentials
- Family Friendly
- Handicap Friendly
Full-Service Breakfast and Relaxing in the Sala
In addition to pastries in the Hospitality Room there is a 3-course breakfast every morning. Join us in the Sala between 8AM and 10AM for a full-service dining experience, learn more about our breakfast offerings. The Sala is a lovely place to enjoy the fire, gather with friend, and to enjoy a glass of wine.
The Wine Bar
Found on the first floor, tucked beside the second-floor staircase and behind black wrought iron bars hides our newest amenity at Casa del Sol Inn. We encourage you to partake in the wines and bar snacks prepared for your pleasure at our Wine Bar. Enjoy a glass or bottle of fine Mexican wines curated by a local sommelier. Recoup at the bar after a day exploring Lake Chapala. Keep an eye out for our wine tasting events where you can learn about the history of Mexican wine and the wineries that made our list. Celebrating a special occasion while in Ajijic? Decorated with nine bar stools, our Wine Bar is the perfect setting for a private small party.
Solar Heated Pool
Terracotta tiled with a hand-painted trim beneath a rustic red brick wall backdropped by bright pink climbing bougainvillea. Accessible all year round due to the beautiful climate in Ajijic. Lounge poolside with a fresh-squeezed juice from the cocina and allow yourself to let go. At a comfortable wading depth, the pool is also perfect for families on vacation looking for a relaxing way to cool down.
Outdoor Gathering Spaces
Casa del Sol Inn has ensured guests have ample opportunities for gathering in the open air. Each room has at least one private or semi-private seating area. The attention to creating beautiful interior spaces is mirrored in our outdoor seating areas too. Need a place to practice yoga in the morning? Consider one of two miradors overlooking the village and surrounding topography. Gardened patios, breezy balconies, and our pool courtyard provide various private and communal options. You’ll have to explore them all.
Available to access 24 hours a day, this lounge room is almost hidden away between the Sala and the pool. Stocked with filtered water, a variety of teas, and hot Nespresso coffee all day long. For early risers, fresh coffee and warm muffins and scones are located here before breakfast. In the afternoon you will find freshly squeezed juices or a fresca packed with floating fruit for refreshment on warmer days. Homemade chocolate chip cookies, muffins, or lemon bars are brought in straight from our kitchen. Comfy, couch seating is perfect for intermittent sunbathing or reading the newspaper each morning.
Our second-floor communal kitchen is complete with a fridge, microwave, convection oven, and kitchen sink. The breezy patio seating is perfect for brunch mimosas or evening gatherings with your neighbors. Views peak over the city and the mountains off in the distance. The Little Cocina can be reserved for private use when El Jardin and Las Bougainvilleas are booked together.
Take a Video Photo Tour of the Inn
Other Offerings and Features at Casa del Sol Ajijic:
- Personal Driver – Airport Transportation: Your comfort and safety is our top priority. Let us arrange airport transportation to and from Casa del Sol Inn for ease of travels. Our bilingual personal driver will be waiting to welcome you upon your arrival at the airport in Guadalajara. Want a personal driver for explorations around Lake Chapala and day trips to nearby towns? We can have that scheduled for you too with advanced notice.
- Family-friendly: Visiting for a family vacation? Book our luxury ground floor apartment, Casita Sonrisa. The casita sleeps four guests comfortably. The master bedroom features an en-suite bathroom. The other beds are in the living space where two couches convert to twin beds. A true kitchen with full-sized appliances and kitchen tools parallel to a dining room that seats eight make for easy entertaining. The private screened in porch adjacent to the pool provides a second living area.
For a little more privacy, rent El Jardin & Las Bougainvilleas together! Accommodate six people between a room with one king bed and another separate room with two queen beds. A shared balcony and access to a communal outdoor kitchen are added perks. The little cocina comes equipped with a small refrigerator, convection oven and microwave. Dining table and chairs make comfortable seating to have a late brunch after sleeping in. There are several similar combinations throughout the inn where parents can share a King size bed adjacent to a room with two Queen beds for the kids. View all Accommodations to find your perfect fit.
- Handicap-Friendly: Casa del Sol Inn offers three ground-floor accommodations for a handicap-friendly stay—Casita Sonrisa, Rm 8: El Patio with a king bed, and Rm 9: Las Flores with two Queen beds. There is no passenger elevator to the second floor. Bathrooms are smaller due to older construction styles typical of local standards. There is a baggage elevator to make your second floor stay more accessible. And, the Sala where breakfast is served, the Hospitality room for midday hanging, and the pool courtyard for lounging are all accessible by wheelchair.